Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Waiting....

Why is it that life is constantly filled with waiting? We wait for the weather to get better, for our financial situation to get better, to get married, to have babies, etc., etc. I once had someone tell me that we are always waiting on God to do something, that we pray and we have faith. And then once we receive what we have been waiting for, something else comes along that we begin waiting for. I suppose it keeps us on our toes so to speak and keeps us from being stagnant. But there are times when waiting makes us tired. What do we do during those times? Do we curl up under the covers and try to sleep until things get better? Do we give up on what we are waiting for, convincing ourselves we no longer want it? I suppose it depends on who we are. I prefer to go shopping and try to make myself feel better with a bit of retail therapy. Of course I often find that my new dress or shoes makes me feel better for a while but the newness wears off and I am back to wishing time would move more quickly. Then I go shopping again...and again...and again...and my closet is full of fun and cute clothes but I still am waiting for what I was waiting for before I spent too much money on it all.
Currently we are waiting for Tony to return home. We are getting closer to the time when we could begin counting down. But the military being what it is, the day when they will be leaving keeps changing. So I refuse to officially put a date on the calendar until we are MUCH closer, possibly the day before they say they are leaving.
Until then we are going to school, trying to stay warm and dry, and trying to send e-mails to Tony as much as possible. Who knows, maybe as life is moving along at it's steady pace, the military will be kind and will send him home sooner rather than later. One can always hope...and wait.

1 comment:

Cherry Blossom said...

I hope he comes home soon too.
Love and miss you guys,
Amy