Sunday, January 03, 2010

It's Over

It's quiet this afternoon. Joss is spending the afternoon/night with my parents because I have a work day at school today. It's nice to enjoy a quiet afternoon even if it is spent doing laundry, grading papers, cutting out laminated math game boards, etc.

I love my daughter immensely but she is a lot like me - she likes to talk.
Correction, she LOVES to talk!! And since I am the only one around right now she loves to talk to me. I feel bad doing it but sometimes I have to say "mommy needs 10 minutes quiet right now" But she is so good about finding something to do on her own and often talking to her "fake people."

I'm sad that today is the last day of Christmas vacation. I love the relaxed feeling of this time. I'm not as stressed and I don't feel like I have to be at 10 places at once. But that will all change on Tuesday when I join my students on our first day back. I have missed them. I love my class. They have such great personalities and they make me laugh everyday! They make the few difficult parts of my job totally worth it.

So I'm going to try to get quite a bit down today so this week is fun and not stressful. Of course taht might be a tall order since gradecards go home on Friday. :)

No comments: