Baby it's COLD outside!! And unfortunately we have no snow to make it worth braving the cold for. Well...we have a smidgen of snow but not enough for a snowday, so it barely counts. Believe me, I prayed and prayed for a snowday but to no avail. I will just have to tough it out for the next week and a half until I can enjoy my coveted Christmas vacation.
I love this season. I love Christmas and all it means to our family. I love the carols and the shopping and driving around with a cup of cocoa to look at neatly decorated homes around town. Of course, this year is a bit different with Tony gone but we will do what we can to still make it a special holiday.
We celebrated early by opening our gifts while Tony was home over Thanksgiving. It would have broken his heart to have missed that this year. Not only did we shop for, wrap and open presents early, we also decorated early. It was probably the first year we have ever had lights on the house BEFORE Thanksgiving!
It was kind of nice to open presents early. Jocelyn was able to have her big present early (a much anticipated Wii) and now we have just a few family presents left to buy so there will be fewer trips to the mall during this crazy shopping season. I am the first to admit I love shopping, but when it means dealing with tons of rude people, I would rather stay at home and order online!
My sister and her family will be in next week and I am so excited! I haven't seen my niece for many months and she has grown and changed so much in that time. I can't wait to get my hands on her and shower her with some hugs and kisses!!
For those of you who have been wondering, Tony is still doing well. It was really hard to let him go back overseas, but he only has a few more months to serve on his deployment. I haven't started a countdown because I know the military too well and know all dates are subject to change at any time in the game. But we have a rough idea of when he will come home and we are looking forward to it! Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He is relatively safe given the area he is in, but it is still Afghanistan!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment