Christmas break. I have discovered that for a teacher it is one of the most beloved times of the year. By this time I am absolutely exhausted and desperately need a break. For me this means sleeping in and catching up on all of the sleep I have missed out on, spending some much needed time with my precious daughter and yes, even grading and getting prepared for the next few months. This year our break is shorter than last year and I'm very disappointed but I will take what I can get.
One of the best parts of this year is that my sister and her family are in for the holiday. This includes my absolutely gorgeous niece, Addison. She is so beautiful and she is funny! She has the biggest eyes with which she will just stare at you and then smile at you and melt your heart! Then she laughs and you can't help but believe that all is well with the world. She is such a blessing and I can't help but be sad that she and my wonderful sister live so far away from us. Since we only see them a couple of times a year I will be soaking up as much time with her as I
can.
The worst part of the holiday this year is having Tony away from us. Christmas doesn't seem quite the same without him here. I have been doing all I can to keep things as normal as I can for Joss but it is still sad to not have him here to celebrate the holidays with. I know that the joy of Christmas morning will be overshadowed with a cloud of sadness because he is missing. I will miss having him here to stand next to me on Christmas Eve as we worship the Savior and remember why we have Christmas. And I will be sad that he is missing all of the fun of seeing the nieces and nephews open their presents and swim in all of the paper that has been discarded. I will continue to pray for him though and remember that as difficult as this is, it will be ending soon and hopefully this will be the only Christmas that we will celebrate without him.
So tomorrow at noon all of my students will rush out of my room, excited to get started on their break. I will breathe a sigh of relief after a crazy 4 hours of sing alongs and parties, clean up a little bit, turn off the lights and drive home to begin my own time of rest and relaxation. But don't tell anyone....but I will secretly miss those kids. They are such a blessing and they make getting up early every morning worth it.
I hope you find time to spend time with family and friends also. I hope that you stop and rest during this season, and rejuvenate yourself while remembering that the babe in the manger is now a powerful King that loves you and desires your time and your companionship, your praise and your worship. May that be the reality that truly brings you peace and joy this holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment