Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wow it has been months since I have posted anything. It's not that we haven't done nothing blog-worthy, I have just chosen to do other things I suppose. Plus I also got hooked on Facebook and keep everyone somewhat informed that way. Anyway, it seems as if I have been away from the bloggy world forever!! But trust me, I have been here, lurking on the sidelines.

Tony is still away from home and it has been months since we have seen him. This summer was hard, but bearable as we were home and could spend most of the time together (Joss and I). But since school has started our lives have been CRAZY with a capital C!!!! I have gained a new respect for single parents and all that they deal with. I have no idea how they get everything done, even in a single day, much less throughout a month or a year.
It seems as if we go nonstop between Joss' activities and the things I have to do for school and when we are at home (seldom) I find myself just vegging on the couch as that is all I have the energy to do. I truly long for the day when Tony is home and I can have some help around here. And I am almost to the point where I am ready to promise I will NEVER again complain he doesn't help enough. Right now anything would be better than nothing at all :)

This school year has been going really well. I was asked to go down to second grade this year, which frankly scared me. I wasn't sure how I would do with them or whether I would like that age, but it has been great. I have the wonderful privilege of "looping" with my class which means I have them in second grade and in third next year. This gives me lots of time to get to know them really well, work with them longer on things they need more help on, and just to spend with them. I have a REALLy great class this year. They are sweet and funny and have tons of personality and I love every single one of them!! It is going to be SO hard to say goodbye to them at the end of next year! But for now I won't think about that, I will just enjoy them while I have them. :) I also have a great group of parents this year, which makes such a huge difference. They are all involved and want the BEST for their kids and are willing to do anything to help them. I love all of them also!

Joss has been having a pretty good year. It was rough at the beginning because her closest friend is in a different class this year. It broke my heart when she would come home after school and say she had no friends. We talked a lot about it and I encouraged her to make new friends which she has done. She is sailing through much of school and it amazes me how quickly she is learning to read!! She is definitely blessed with God-given intelligence and I only pray that she uses it to do incredible things in the future!! Joss has also been doing a bit of cheerleading with the Upward program and still taking piano lessons. With Tony gone we lessened our activities so we could keep our sanity intact just a bit but she has excelled with both of these things and hasn't complained much about missing anything else.

Well that is our long overdue update. Not much else has been happening. School. Home. School. Home. School. Home. That is it in a nutshell. Well, I guess there is the exciting news that Tony will be home in November for two weeks and we are more excited than I could put into words. The three of us will be having our family Christmas together so Tony will not miss the fun. I'm excited about that because I LOVE Christmas more than any holiday ever and this will make it last so much longer this year!! :) And I love that Tony will still get to enjoy most of the festivities with us!! And he will be here for my birthday which is also fabulous! I might even get to enjoy a date with my hubby while he's home. I think I have forgotten what those are like!

So that is it for now. I will try to make more regular updates but I won't make any promises because I am sure to break them!

No comments: