This past week we received a call we had been dreading. Tony received his alert that he will be deployed to Iraq and will be leaving in early August. Of course this is never good news but will be even more difficult as I will be starting my first year of teaching which can be a pretty stressful time. We are beginning to make lists of things we need to get done before he leaves. I'm still in a bit of denial and don't want to think of how difficult this might be for all of us, but I am especially worried about Joss. Luckily she will have been with us for almost a year before he leaves. Unfortunately she's not old enough to completely understand why he is leaving or how long he will be gone. I have begun talking to her about it so she will start to get use to the idea. We are close to our families and many friends and have a great support group that we can lean on. When he was deployed the first time (in the states) I was well taken care of and I have no doubt that if we need anything our families will help if they can.
Another thing we have been discussing is all the fun we will have this summer. Since things are hectic now we like to talk about what life will be like when they are not so hectic. Jocelyn is really looking forward to the swimming, taking walks and going to the library. We are also looking forward to heading east to see my sister in Pennsylvania. After we see her for a few days our next stop will be to Philadelphia to meet up with some of the girls who were adopted around the same time as Jocelyn and their new families. It will be great to see the girls reunited. Jocelyn seems to have been the "little sister" to these girls and she is looking forward to seeing them. I am looking forward to meeting the families that we have been in contact with by e-mail. I'm sure it will be fun for all!
On the employment front I had another interview with the school district this weekend at their annual career fair. It's one in a series of interviews that they conduct. It may be a long road but I'm hoping one that is productive!
6 comments:
Oh Aubrey! I'm so sorry Tony will be leaving in August. I know it will be so hard for you and Joss to be without him, and I know he'll miss you terribly. We will definitely be praying for you guys every day.
I hope we can stop by and see you the next time we are in Columbia. I know that Aidan and Joss would be fast friends, and I know that Tof would love to talk with you about teaching.
Take care, and let us know if you need anything at all.
We are excited to see you in June:)
We are excited to see you in June:)
We are excited to see you in June:)
Beth:
Definitely let us know when you are coming in town. We would love to catch up with you guys and let the kiddos meet.
Send me an e-mail, I lost yours when I left my job.
aub
Hey Aubrey - I'm sorry to hear that Tony will be going to Iraq. That is really stressful. I haven't had an e-mail to contact you but hopefully you got my message about our super bowl party. I hope that student-teaching is going well. Give me a call or send your new e-mail! I would love to catch up. My school e-mail is coetting@sturgeon.k12.mo.us
Crystal
Post a Comment