Thursday, January 24, 2008

More Transitions

So Joss has been in preschool for 3 weeks now and is still loving it! She goes every morning and has a great time with her new friends. Her favorite activities the first week were playing in the kitchen and playing computer games. Last week she discovered the water area and has been there ever since! She also loves the weekly trip to the school library and is always excited to come home and show us her new book. She tells us stories of her friends, some of which are very funny! (like the time she came home and wanted me to put a bunch of barrettes in her hair because Tyanah had a bunch of barrettes! )

Last week I began student teaching. It has been quite a transition for the family as my hours are varied and usually not known until that day. It has been so fun and I am loving just about every moment. Though I can tell you, teaching is NOT an easy job! Growing up I had no idea how many hours my teachers spent preparing for each day, and the nights they stayed late at school. It makes me want to send them all thank you notes! I've never been so tired!!!

The class I am with is such a wonderful group of kids and the teachers I work with are wonderful and encouraging and so knowledgable. I am so lucky to have been placed in this school. Right now I am trying to survive working all day and then working on my classes also. My sanity comes from thinking of spring break that I will get to spend the full week with my lovely daughter as well as this summer that will ROCK! We will get to spend SO much time together and do all sorts of fun things!!

Jocelyn is still keeping us in stitches. Last weekend I had been particularly cranky (you females understand) and I had apologized to her for being that way. Later that night she was in the bathroom getting ready for a bath. I overheard her mumbling to herself so I snuck closer to hear "Mommy cranky with me all day" and "Mommy cranky with me FOREVER!" I cracked up!!
We will never cease to be entertained with her around!! :)

No comments: