It's February 2007. We began our journey to adopt a baby girl from China in June of 2005 when we first made the decision to go down this long and winding road. Twenty months later we are in the "thick" of things, smack dab in the middle of the waiting.
The current wait time is now up to approximately 16 months which puts us at traveling to China inDecember of this year. I can't tell you how often we pray that the wait time will not get any longer. We do not want to see 2008 roll around without having our precious litte one in our arms in our home.
My sister and I have a new motto for 2007: "everything for everybody in 2007" She is trying to get pregnant, get a new job, sell her current house and buy a new one. She is praying that all of that happens in this calendar year and she is also praying that our adoption will go through and that we will also become pregnant with a biological child. I'm all for it as long as it doesn't prevent me from traveling to China. Bring it on I say!!
Let's see, we are now on month 8 of our waiting. Only 8 more to go until referral (if all goes well)!! Stay tuned.....
p.s. CCAA is now finished reviewing all dossiers logged in through March 22nd so we are getting closer to the review room. One step at a time....
No comments:
Post a Comment