Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Completion!! (UPDATED with PICS)


I am now officially done with my student teaching and portfolio for my teaching certificate! After 18 months of classes and papers and teaching and putting together a 4 inch binder of a portfolio...I'm finally finished!! I should know by Monday if I my portfolio "passed" and next Thursday I will present it to anyone who is interested.

Right now I am subbing around town for different teachers. It's good experience to be in the different classrooms at different grade levels. And I am getting to meet different teachers and experience different buildings. It's all good :) I am actively looking for jobs but I am having to practice a LOT of patience. My prayer is I will end up right where I am supposed to be...now to just have the faith to trust that will really happen! If anyone has any spare faith they could share, please send it my way!

I am enjoying how laid back life feels right now. It's a huge change from life as a full time mom/worker/student! Last night was my last class so Joss no longer has to be passed off to family and friends. She didn't seem to mind but I felt guilty always being gone. Our time as a complete family is so limited that I hate to take away from it any more than we have to!
Now we focus on enjoying the nice weather and learning to rollerskate, swim, etc., etc!!

Joss continues to crack us up with her quick wit and charm. She is completely comfortable with us and chooses to show us how comfortable when she gets really sleepy! She loves going to preschool but is very excited about kindergarten this fall (we registered last night). She has been working really hard at learning to write her letters and count to 100. She keeps telling me "mom, I'm ready for kindergarten!". She will go to summer school and for the first time will be in school all day. It will be a good transition to kindergarten and with as much as she loves preschool I'm sure she will love summer school even more!

No comments: